Introduction and Our Details
Sit and Sleep (referred to as “we”; “us”; “our” or “www.sitandsleep.co.uk” in this policy) refers to Vanfolden Limited, trading as Sit and Sleep.
Our contact details and address is
Unit 2 Randswood Ind Est
Telephone 01223 290941 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The lawful basis for us to process your information
We process your information to fulfil a contract to supply you with goods ordered from us; or to provide a quotation or material samples to you prior to a contract between entered into.
How we collect your Information
We collect your information when you complete our online forms; purchase our products online, over the telephone or in person at our showroom. We also collect data that we obtain using cookies on our website.
- Specifically we may collect the following categories of information:
Name, home address, delivery address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, credit/debit card or other payment details. We may also capture your computers IP address.
- We may also capture the real time location of your computer through GPS if you use location-based features and turn on Location Services settings on your device or computer.
How we use your Information
We use your information to send you the products you have ordered from us online, by telephone or in person.
We will contact you by email to confirm your order, make and or confirm delivery arrangements, deal with product queries and guarantee claims.
We may store your information on our servers in the UK and in the EU.
Who do we share your information with
We share your information with other companies and our business partners:
- Cloud IT Providers that provide storage of your information
- IT services providers that help us with our internal IT issues.
- Marketing analytics companies that give us insight on who is buying our products in order that we can sell our products more effectively.
- Payment service providers that process your payment information on our behalf.
- Couriers that help us deliver our products to you.
- Lawyers representing us in the event of a legal claim.
- Our Suppliers in the event of a claim for product maintenance.
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies (if there is a legal reason to share your data with them).
- Search engine operators that help us understand how to improve the visibility of our website online.
Retaining your Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. Typically we will retain your data for a minimum of seven years to fulfil our business purposes and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or for any legal claims.
We will maintain the security and protection of any information we hold.
Profiling and Automated Decision Making
We do not carry our any automated processes on the personal data we capture from you.
Access to your Information and Correction (Your Data Subject Rights)
As well as our obligations and commitment to respect the privacy of your information, you also have certain rights relating to the personal information we hold about you which are outlined below. Please note these rights are subject to various exceptions and limitations. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details under the section “Introduction”
- You may request access to a copy of the personal information we hold about you. (Data Access Request). We aim to provide you with this information within 30 days.
- You can ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you when it is no longer required for a legitimate business need, legal or regulatory obligations or for the purposes it was collected for. (Right to be forgotten).
- If you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible so we can update it. (Right to Rectification).
- You may ask us to restrict our processing of your data whilst we resolve any complaints you have about the way your data is used, require it for a legal claim, or if you think our processing is unlawful but you do not want us to delete your data.
- Right to data portability. If we're using your information on the basis of your consent or because we need it to carry out our contractual obligations to you, you can ask us to give you your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or have it transmitted to another data controller.
- Right to Object. We may use your personal information to further our legitimate interests; e.g., we may use information about you to improve our marketing messages because we have a legitimate interest in making sure our customers know about new products which could be of benefit to them. We'll always give you a right to object whenever we intend to use your personal information for our legitimate interests.
Consequences of Not Providing us with your Personal Information
You don't have to provide us with your personal information. However, we need your information so that we can deliver products and services to you. This means that if you don't provide us with the information we ask for, we won’t be able to provide these products to you.
Making a Data Protection Complaint
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal data, or the way we handle your requests relating to your rights, you can raise a complaint directly with us using the contact details under the section “Introduction”
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your complaint, you are entitled to raise a complaint directly with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office via the details available on their website www.ico.org.uk